This will be the seventh edition of this International Postgraduate Course. The main goal is to create a scientific forum on new aspects and concepts concerning cardiovascular risk evaluation and stratification, as well as discussing interactions between aspects of the cardiovascular and the central nervous system disease process. At the end of this course, all participants should:
1) Understand the concept of Arterial Stiffness and know its clinical applicability;
2) Know how to measure arterial stiffness markers (Pulse wave velocity and Central Blood Pressure) both theoretically and practically;
3) Identify subjects with Early Vascular Aging syndrome and be aware of its clinical implications;
4) To discuss the connection between brain and arterial aging;
5) To recognize the relationship between micro and macrovascular changes, cognitive decline and cerebrovascular disease;
6) Acquire technical skills in Pulse Wave Velocity, Central Blood Pressure and Carotid Evaluation (Intima/Media thickness evaluation and Carotid Doppler);
7) To apprehend new research perspectives in the field of cardiovascular research involving the brain and arterial disease.
This course does not provide credentials for the exercise of medicine for those without appropriate training, recognition and registered at the "Ordem dos Médicos" or international equivalent institutions.